DCN’s History (1899- )
In 1985, under the pastoral leadership of Dr. Ken Mills, Peabody Church of the Nazarene became Danvers Church of the Nazarene when the church’s main building was relocated from Route 114 and Sylvan Street in Peabody to a 6-acre former horse farm on Dayton Street in Danvers.
In 2001, under the leadership of Pastor Bill Mead, the church agreed to sell most of its property to a developer to close the mortgage after years of mounting financial pressure and interest-only mortgage payments.
Major building renovations between 2009 and 2015: Expanded, remodeled and furnished bathrooms, lobby, children’s ministry rooms, church offices and ministry center; installed new windows, lighting, flooring and technology upgrades throughout the building.
By 2007, DCN was in between pastors and had reached a decline in attendance and membership. After selling the property behind the church to rid them of the mortgage, the church board reached out to then-District Superintendent Dr. Jossie Owens and began interviewing for a new pastor.
In 2007 Pastor Dan Milette came on board and things began to turn around. By 2014 they had a functioning website and had adopted the mission statement of “KNOW God | GROW Together | GO to Serve”
Pastor Elisha Cho assumed the Interim Pastor position in October 2017 after Pastor Dan Milette left and on Pentecost Sunday, May 20, 2018 he was installed as Lead Pastor. Under Pastor Elisha Cho, DCN has seen an increase in Small Groups, inreach and outreach events and ministries. DCN is focused on the great commission, to make disciples and has participated in 3 mission trips. First, to Haiti and then 2 to Burkina Faso, the latter of which they participated in the ground breaking of a new church, led by Pastor Paw, a friend to Pastor Elisha during school.